Title: Patient Financial Service Representative
Reports to: ACA Revenue Systems Manager
The Patient Financial Service Representative is part of a team that is responsible for assisting patients with their medical bills, as well as collecting payments. It is a call center atmosphere. This role involves speaking to patients on the phone and assisting them in resolving any outstanding balance they may have by processing payments or offering payment plans.
- Answering calls from patients and resolving any questions they may have
- Making calls to patients with outstanding balances and helping to resolve them in a professional and ethical manner
- Time management/multitasking
- Navigating our clients’ various systems
- Notating the patients account in both our clients’ systems, as well as ours, based off of conversations
- Tracking any necessary follow-ups, which may include insurances and monthly payment plans, etc.
- Understanding and implementing company policies and procedures, as well as those of our clients
- Working as a team player among other reps to provide optimal customer service to the patients
- Understanding and executing proper documentation as requested per client
- Reporting any problems or concerns to your direct supervisor or manager in a timely fashion to get them resolved
- Understanding the HIPAA law and abiding by it with every communication
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel/Word
- Completed client specific training for their systems, such as Epic, Athena, Nextgen, Brighttree, etc.
If you have questions or would like further information, please email: email@example.com