Job Description: Director of Information Technology
Reports to: President
The Director of Information Technology will have overall responsibility for the definition, delivery, implementation and operational success of IT Infrastructure. The scope includes but is not limited to; Service/Help Desk, Systems and Network Administration using Active Directory, Telecommunications, overall IT Security, and act as the main technical contact for clients. The Director will provide consultative support for a wide variety of projects with an IT component, including proprietary database(s) and analytics. Manage relationships with key vendors, clients and overall responsibility for the IT Department.
- Oversee IT operations and supervise systems and IT staff providing direction, guidance, and training to IT staff.
- Develop strategy as it relates to the organization’s IT infrastructure (computer and information systems, security, communication systems).
- Develop, manage, and track the IT department’s annual budget.
- Consult senior-level stakeholders across the entire organization to identify business and technology needs and to optimize the use of information technology.
- Update and maintain all security policies. Ensure controls and configurations are aligned with security policies and legal, regulatory and audit requirements.
- Monitor compliance with the electronic security requirements mandated by HIPAA and Massachusetts data security laws as well as any future changes to those regulations.
- Ensure smooth delivery and operation of IT services by monitoring systems performance while creating processes and standards for selection, implementation, and support of systems.
- Lead the IT Infrastructure strategy, planning and operations.
- Develop and maintain a technology roadmap focused on improving and adding new services to enhance business and operational productivity. Clearly communicate business value, project statistics and issues to business sponsors. Ensure alignment of the service delivery strategy with the business strategy.
- Be the primary Vendor Relationship Manager for key IT service providers, ensuring budgetary levels are met. Work with business partners and vendors to establish a process for continuous improvement in service delivery, cost efficiency, contractual compliance.
- Lead IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services.
- Function as a Subject Matter Expert on IT Infrastructure Services and Technology on a wide variety of projects, issues and strategies.
- Implement and monitor security evaluations and audits.
- Make recommendations for maturing and improving the IT Infrastructure.
- Help define IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes. Maintain and create supporting documentation as needed.
- Review business practices on a regular basis assessing fit with current and potential IT Service providers, analyze business requirements by partnering with stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field.
- Continuing IT and Data Security education to keep abreast of the latest technologies and security threats.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience working in IT operations with demonstrated experience leading a hands on IT function in a small but, rapidly growing company.
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize.
- Highly organized with attention to detail.
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills, ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
If you have questions or would like further information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org